Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Where to begin? Bo and I had an eventful weekend. Because we are married we have been trying to downsize all of our extra things. We have piles of stuff at our apartment and both of our parent's houses. Yard sale here we come! We went to Vernal for Labor Day and Saturday we had lots to do. Bo went to his parent's to do yard work and first thing in the morning I cleaned some of my stuff out of my parent's shed. I swear I thought the boxes with my stuff was never going to end. Just when I thought I was done I would hear my mom yell, "Oh my gosh Kayla, look what I found!" But it was good to clear out as much as I could. These are a couple things I found while scavenging thru everything:
This is a drawing that my good friend Tenille drew in high school. I went to St. George every summer to spend time with my sister and on the way down she drew a pic of our adventure. This pic has quite a great story behind it actually. You see, Tenille told her parents that my parents would be driving us to St. George when really they weren't. Long story short, her mom saw my mom in the small town of Vernal and instantly knew Tenille had lied to her. Fun trip but ended not so good for her ;) but makes for a great memory!

I can't believe that my mom and I found these. These are my casts from when I was 4. Yeah I know, GROSS!! I was disgusted too! They used to be white! I had to get 2 different casts cause one ended up being too big. Those went in the garbage for sure!



My family has a tradition of going to Flaming Gorge for Labor Day to watch the fireworks. This year Bo's fam came with us! It was a little windy and the water was pretty choppy in areas but we had a good time!


Bo and his sisters had to put wet suits on cause the water was FREEZING! I'm a big baby and didn't even get in haha

Our "Who" pic haha! We shoved grapes in our lips.




Watching fireworks!


Bo and I are beginning a new adventure that I NEVER thought I would begin. Bo's dad is a great mountain biker and has tons of bikes. If you've ever seen their garage you would know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not exactly sure how the whole bike subject came up this weekend but we got bikes from Bo's dad! If you know me well enough you would know that I am NOT a fan of biking and not very good at it. I had many traumatic experiences as a little kid when it came to biking. It never failed that I would fall off or go over the handle bars. Well, I've decided that since it is something Bo likes I'm going to learn to like it. And it can only help my cardiovascular system and my out-of-shape legs right?! I also never thought I would see as bike rack on the back of my car (which I'm kicking myself for not getting a pic of)! But, after we unloaded my car last night the first thing we did was go on a bike ride! Yes, I did almost fall off, but I think I did better than I thought I would. Wish me luck! This is gonna be fun!


On our way back to Provo we stopped in Duchesne and we saw this big guy:
We have wanted a Bulldog since before Bo went on his mission so seeing him made our day! He was adorable. He had the biggest underbite that I've ever seen. He also had a back problem so seeing him hobble around was the saddest thing. Just look at that face! Doesn't it just make you so happy?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys look like Whoo's from Whoo-ville with your grapes in your mouths lol and I'm excited for your biking adventure :D your rump will be gone in no time ;)

Stephanie said...

Whatever, Kayla- you will always have a cute rump...it's in your blood! And I can ONLY IMAGINE everything you found in those sheds! Your mother is the biggest pack-rat I know! SHE KEEPS EVERYTHING! (Obviously!) Looks like you had fun though!

Unknown said...

how fun!