Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchilladas

My friend Klin and I found this recipe probably like a year ago. It is a fabulous recipe! Delish!

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchilladas
  • 2-3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 1-2 14 oz Cans Green Enchillada Sauce
  • 2 Cups Cheese
  • 8-10 Flour or Wheat Tortillas
  • 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
  • 4-5 Garlic Cloves
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 3 Tbls Honey
  • 5 Tbls Lime Juice
  • 1 Tbls Chili Powder
  • 2 Tbls "Hot Shot" (red & black pepper, you can find it with the spices)
  • 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 Pkg Cream Cheese
Instructions:
Mince garlic and onion. Pour a bit of olive oil into skillet. Saute garlic and onion. Whisk lime juice and honey together. Add chili powder. Add mixture to garlic and onion. Also add hot shot and cayenne pepper. Cube chicken. Saute chicken as well with mixture. Pour some enchillada sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 in. pan. Spread about 1/2 Tbls cream cheese onto a tortilla. Place 1/4 Cup chicken on top of cream cheese and 1/4 Cup cheese. Roll up and repeat. After all rolled- mix 1/2 Cup of sour cream with a can of enchillada sauce. Pour on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook on 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


Side Note:
The first time I made this recipe it was really spicy! I like spicy food but I could barely handle it haha! I don't know how much spice you like but when I made it again I used all the chili powder and only a dash of cayenne pepper and no hot shot and it wasn't spicy at all. I also used a small 8 x 8 in pan since it's only Bo and me and all the ingredients fit, just not as many tortillas and I put a little more chicken in each tortilla. It also made it so I only had to use 1 can of enchillada sauce so 1 can didn't go to waste. Oh and I also added a few extra drops of lime for that extra lime taste! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are such chef's!! I actually love cooking, but I kind of HATE baking. Baking is so exact, if you mess up, its ruined. Cooking is not that way.
Also, I am not good at making side dishes with the food..hah. Usually just a main dish

alesha said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try this!