Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Bday/Thanksgiving!

Last Wednesday was my birthday! I spent most of the day like this:
aka driving. We went to Boise this year with Bo's family for Thanksgiving and we left the day before so we could have a nice relaxing Thanksgiving day! I got very spoiled this year! I got and iPod (remember), clothes, boots, a gift card to Guru's and these:
Aren't they sooo pretty?! Bo got these for me cause he says "Everyone has to have a cake and blow out a candle on their birthday!"
So once we made the 8 hour drive (supposed to be 6) to Boise I got to blow out a candle! I am very blessed! I had a great birthday, even though most of it was spent in the car I had the best time with the family!






Thanksgiving day was so nice! We relaxed most of the day, got family pics, ate and ate and ate, and then that night we went to "The Next Three Days." It was soooo good! I recommend it! Plus movies to top off Thanksgiving are the best!




Since we weren't in Utah, we got scratch cards!!! Pretty sure we didn't win. Bo won $3 which bought him another scratch card which resulted in a loss. But it was fun!
Did I mention that scratch cards aren't the only thing I like about Idaho/Boise? Their mall if fabulous! We spent pretty much all day there on Friday, got some Christmas shopping done. Perfect!


Saturday we slept in, went back to the mall, hung with family and to top it all off we went glow in the dark golfing! Bo and I got a hole-in-one! But my score didn't really reflect my hole-in-one but it was fun!



The drive home was not so good yesterday. It took us 9 hours to get home. The roads were horrible. One of the freeways was closed so we had to go around. There we so many roll overs, slide offs and crashes. I felt horrible for the people in those vehicles. I felt so bad too cause Bo drove the whole way. Needless to say, he was one tired guy when we got home last night.

When we got home, pretty sure our house was as cold as outside. Ugh, one of the boilers broke so that means no heat :( so we had to get this:
Bo and I locked ourselves in our room last night with our little space heater and hot chocolate. When we woke up this morning the rest of the house was like the North Pole! And now as I sit here and type, I can see my breath..... Hope this ends soon...

8 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

I love the family pics! I'm glad that you had a good birthday. I'm glad that you guys got home safe, and that totally stinks that you are living in an igloo :( AND did I mention I miss you. I haven't seen you in forever!

Erin said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! I love the family pictures you guys did. No heat would make me cry! Good luck and try to stay warm :)

Lakyn Marie said...

Happy Birthday Girl! I hope you had a great day :) And I LOVE those cupcakes, they look perfect, almost plastic ha :D I miss you, we need to have a girls night!!! ASAP

Kaitlyn said...

You're so cute Kayla. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving :)

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

what a fun holiday! but it seriously looks freezing there. i better stop complaining about our 80 degree weather. happy late birthday.. i sent you a text, but don't know if you ever recieved it! and i love the family pictures, super cute! you're hair is getting really long too, love it! hope you're heater starts working soon! you and bo look miserable in the last pic, but still stinkin cute! miss ya!!

Stan & Ash said...

Sad!! I hope your house heats up soon!! Thats such a bummer! Glad you had a good birthday looks like it was a good holiday!

Robert and Jenny Pedersen said...

those family pics are so cute! we totally have a space heater too! last year it got so cold in our little apartment that our fish froze to death! ha ha ha... at least we're not in logan right?

~jenny

Unknown said...

those family pics turned out so nice! YOu looked gorgeous! Happy birthday! I"m glad it was a good one! That sucks so bad about losing your heat! aaah!