Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Just a little nervous...

You all know how it goes, when you're racing out the door in the morning to make it to work on time? Well, today was one of those days for me. I always eat breakfast in my car so my hands are full as I get into my car. Well, today I took my Voss water bottle. It slipped right out from under my arm and shattered on the ground... sad, sad day. It was freezing so I decided to keep my car running and just took the house key off the key ring. Since I was in a hurry I decided to just leave the key in the door cause I was going right back out to lock it again. Well... my clever idea was not so bright. In my rush of cleaning up the glass, throwing it in the garbage and getting a new water bottle I just ran out the door without locking it again- and you guessed it! I left the key in the deadbolt lock. Pretty sure I didn't realize it til I got home tonight and my key wasn't on my key ring. Then it hit me. The key was no longer in the deadbolt either...ugh. Why do I have to do idiotic things sometimes. I think I have good ideas til they fail me. I was a little scared as I opened my door but everything seems to be alright. The first thing I looked for was my MacBook. Is that bad? Guess we all know now where my priorities lie ;) Now... as I sit here and wait for Bo to get home from school, I am trying to decide if I am more nervous to tell him what I did, or if the thought of someone having the key to our deadbolt is worse?? You see, Bo is a bit of a paranoia.... Wish me luck! He gets home in approximately 30 minutes. dun dun dun...

2 comments:

alesha said...

Aaaah! Scary! Hopefully that person with your key is kind and they will return it? I'm sure everything will work out, it always does right! I'm glad your MacBook wasn't gone, honestly, when our house was left unlocked, that was the first thing I looked for too! =)

Kaitlyn said...

You better believe that's the first thing I'd look for if I had a MacBook! Don't you love it when you realize a bright idea wasn't so bright? Happens to me all the time :) well good luck I'm sure if that person who has your key was a creeper your beautiful computer would be gone... so they must be nice.