Sunday, April 3, 2011

Girls Night & Answered Prayers

The weekend was of course fabulous not only for the reason that it was Conference but Jessica and I had a girls night to celebrate her getting married! While the boys went to the Priesthood session last night, we went and played :)

Our night started out with pedicures! The girl who did our pedicures just happened to be engaged as well so we had a fun time talking about plans, engagement stories, receptions etc. I can't believe that I was engaged this time last year! Time flies way too fast once you're married, that's all I have to say.

The girl was so nice! She even painted little flowers on our toes!


After our pedicures we went to Spark and had yummy drinks!It is really nice and a fun place to just hang out. We just sat back in the lounge and enjoyed out drinks.

After our drinks, we figured the boys would be wondering where we were. All of us were starving so we ended the night with Outback and a movie! It's always fun hanging out with these guys! Did I mention that they got a place right next to ours?! Do you realize this means our summer is going to be epic?

To top off the fabulous weekend, Conference never fails to bring such a spiritual uplift. Bo and I had a certain question we needed answered and of course, the Lord provided the answers we needed. I truly know the that the Lord knows us individually and He knows of our desires. I love hearing the words of the Prophet, his counselors and all the church leaders. I loved all the talks on the family and especially marriage. Before I was married I would always listen to what they had to say about marriage, but now I can actually put it into action and apply the counsel into my daily life. It's feels weird to think 'one day this will apply to me,' and now it does!
A few other highlights for me were:

* Righteous love is the foundation for a successful marriage.
*Growth can not come by taking the easy way.
*By becoming the answer to someone's prayers, often becomes the answer to ours.
*No pain or trial we suffer is waisted pain.

I hope you all had a spiritually uplifting weekend as well!

2 comments:

lindseyhackford said...

I always love a good girls night! Also, I LOVED conference too! It is so inspiring! Glad to see you're doing good!

Unknown said...

Aww kla! youre weekend sounds like it was great! ps.. i have stories... yep i know, it's a miracle :)