Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A long day of boarding

So a while back a friend of mine asked me if I would like to go snowboarding. I agreed not knowing what the day was going to turn out like. Before we left he told me that I was going to have to climb the mountain to snowboard down. I was nervous at first being as out of shape as I am but I decided hey why not? When we got up there we came upon a group of guys who got their truck stuck. My friend decided to be kind and help them out. Then we ended up getting stuck too. It took forever for us to come up with a strategy to get them out but we got lucky and got them out! Next came the snowboard/climbing the mountain. It killed me! Wow! It was definitely my motivator that i need to start working on getting in shape cause it was rough hah! But the snow was up to my thighs and we had to break trail so yeah.. I guess you could say I had an excuse. It took us a good hour and a half to climb the mountain and probably only 10 minutes to get down (of course). My friend kept encouraging me to keep going cause the view was "beautiful" at the top hah! I guess it did pay off once I got to the top. Once we got down we decided to head home and guess what... once again we got stuck! Oh man this time it was bad cause there was another guy in front of us stuck. We had to help him out before we could get out ourselves.. not good! This time it took us and hour and a half to get unstuck. Luckily, two of my other friends were on the mountain that day and they helped out a lot. Needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED that night and slept very well!



No comments: