Saturday, March 28, 2009

Meeting a Brazilian Family

Last weekend I got a text from a girl in Brazil. She is from the family that Elder Harris and his comp just baptized (they are in the pictures from a couple posts back). I was so excited! She asked if I could get on Messenger with her. Unfortunately, I was already out for the night and couldn't get on the computer. So Sunday I was able to get on Messenger with her and she also downloaded Skype so we could get on the webcam as well. I was able to meet the whole family. At first it was kind of hard to communicate cause they don't speak English and I don't speak Portugese, but with the help of one of my friends, I was able to understand them cause he translated for me. It was so much fun! So yesterday I met up with Elder Harris' parents and little sister in Salt Lake and we were able to get on Skype with the family again! We had Elder Harris' dad's laptop as well so we could do a little translating while we were talking with them. It was so funny. After Elder Harris' dad would get a sentence translated he would try to say it out loud and translate it himself and the family would laugh so hard and ask if he knew Portugese. It was hilarious! We loved it and had so much fun getting to know them a little. I am so thankful for technology! It so awesome that we actually got to meet some of the people that Elder Harris knows right now and is teaching right now! They were very nice and told us how he is doing and sent our love to him! They are such a great family and we hope to meet them in person someday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's so awesome!!!