Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference Weekend

I absolutely love Conference weekend! This year was perfect! Friday night one of my BFFs, Heather came out. On Saturday her, Bo and I woke up early and went to Salt Lake to attend Conference. We didn't have tickets so we stood on the corners of the Conference Center and asked for tickets! It was Bo and Heather's first time actually going so I was pretty excited to share the experience with them!

It was a beautiful day! Maybe even a little too warm. I guess I can't complain for October ;)
In between sessions we met up with some of my other BFFs and my parents for some lunch. They were selling boxed lunches so we just sat and enjoyed temple square while we ate.
My parents already had tickets but all of us girls sure didn't. Bo had to go to a meeting so we were on the search for 5 tickets. We stood on the corners forever, divided and conquered, and we did it! We even got to sit together! We were about sweating to death by the time we went in but it was so worth it!

I love Conference and hearing what the prophet, apostles and the leaders of the church have to teach us. It seems to come right when a lot of people need answers, comfort or just a spiritual uplift.
It seemed as though this Conference was a lot about trusting and putting faith in the prophet. He truly is the mouth of the Lord. My testimony truly grew and I have a stronger knowledge of the prophet. He truly knows the things the Lord wishes us to know and that is another reason I love Conference. The prophet and apostles share with us what we need to hear for our time because the world and times are changing rapidly.
After listening to the talks, I also have a strong feeling that I need to start not taking people and the things I have in my life for granted. I know I just did a post on being blessed, but even now, I feel strongly about how blessed I am. I have been given a very fortunate life to live!

2 comments:

TOYA said...

I love conference too. I can't wait to hear them this weekend. Love all the flowers. you have done an amazing job.

Erin said...

I love going to conference! It's the best. Looks like you had a fun group to go with :)