Sunday, October 10, 2010

You might think we're crazy...

because Bo and I are starting a new tradition.
Yep that's right!
We gave each other our birthday presents to each other just a little early.
He gave me and iPod Touch!
I got him a Freebord!
A couple weeks ago my iPod screen decided that it didn't want to work :(
Bo came home from school with a new iPod Touch for me :D
He explained to me that it was an early birthday present cause he felt bad that my old one stopped working.
I was sooooo excited!!! It has a camera and video recorder, internet everything I ever wanted!
So my mind started racing, what was I supposed to get him for his birthday??
He started putting ideas in my head and sure enough a freebord is what I decided to get him.
I of course had to get it soon cause it will snow soon and he got my present early.
So I ordered it last week and I gave it to him on Thursday!
I was so excited to give it to him I was shaking!
He was so surprised, it was perfect!
If you've don't know what a freeord is go HERE and watch the video!
It's like a snowboard/longboard.
But if you crash, you crash on concrete, not snow!
I kept telling Bo that I thought freebords were too dangerous and we can't afford doctor bills so I didn't want him to get one so I think that's why he was so surprised :)
I of course made him get a helmet and he got started right away!
I went and watched him ride for the first time in Friday and in fact, I'm watching him right now as I post!
He is already a pro!

So, back to the whole tradition thing and reasoning to why you may think we are crazy.
We are now going to be giving each other our birthday presents early.
Bo says anywhere from six months early to our birthday.
That way it's more of a surprise.
On our birthday we know its coming right?
So why now a surprise?
Plus, our birthdays are both just a month before Christmas and we hate trying to come up with things 2 months in a row!
We'll justify it all you want haha but this is OUR new tradition for our little family!
Love it!


Bo didn't even get out of his work clothes he was too excited to start putting the freebord together!... He even put his skate shoes on before it was all finished!

Happy Birthday to US!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that idea!!

Chelsie Jensen said...

You guys are too cute! I can see why you were soo excited lol.