Monday, August 9, 2010

Great Grandma G

Last week my family got news that my Grandma G was in the hospital. She was my great grandma. Her and my Grandpa G are two of the neatest people I've ever met and were married 75 years! I wish so bad that everyone could see the love they had for each other and the compassion they showed. On Monday, Grandma G passed away just days after her 96th birthday.
My parents and I drove to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho to attend the funeral. On our way there we stopped in the small town of Anaconda, MT only to find a ghetto motel with vacancy (hence the pic above). It was an adventure but so good to spend time with my parents. Bo got lucky and got to fly in the next day missing out on the motel and drive ;)
Grandma G

The funeral went really well. It was so nice to be surrounded by family and so good to see my grandpa.

Great Grandpa G and me


My great grandma always handed out jelly beans to all the little kids in her ward who behaved during sacrament. After sacrament all the primary kids would line up and wait for their jelly beans from Grandma G. So we made these little bags of jelly beans in her honor for all who attended the funeral.

My favorite part about going to Coeur d'Alene is going to the boardwalk. It is beautiful. There are so many super nice boats, wave runners and sail boats.

4 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

I'm sorry for your loss but sounds like she lived a great life. It looks beautiful up there! Hopefully Ty and I & you and Bo can make it to our 75 th wedding anniversary. That is amazing

alesha said...

I'm SO sorry =( I heard about this at Alyssa's baby shower at your parent's house. But she is in a better place now =) They looked like the cutest couple, and in their 90's! They don't even look that old! LOVE the jellybean idea!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! The jellybean idea is really cute!

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

I'm sorry Kayla. I had no idea. What a great cousin huh? Looks like you made a good trip out of it though. All in remembrance of her :) Tell your mom yall are in our prayers.