Monday, August 22, 2011

Mexico Day Dos!

The second day we were in Mexico, we woke up and had a fabulous breakfast. Bo loved loved the chili relleno omelet thing. I tried something new pretty much every morning.

After breakfast we hopped on a bus and ended up here:
We wanted to go to a different beach than the one at our resort. We were told to get on the bus and go til the driver says he is going to turn around. We didn't really listen to that piece of advice so we had to walk a ways to get to the beach but it was a lot of fun actually just touring and looking in all the shops and stores.

After walking lots of blocks and possibly another bus ride, we finally made it here:
There were so many people cause I guess when we went was also the time when a lot of people in Mexico vacation themselves to Puerto Vallarta. But we really wanted to go and it was worth it!




Once we were done with our little scavenge through Puerto Vallarta, we went back to the resort and swam in the pool and ocean to cool off. We were dying of heat! We asked our butler about good places to eat. He told us there was a little restaurant on the hill where you can watch fireworks from the ocean while you eat. So he made a reservation for us and we got ready!

Side story: On our way there, we kept thinking, where is our taxi taking us. Cause the butler told us it wasn't very far away. As we drove I told Bo that the area started looking kinda familiar (I went to Puerto Vallarta when I was in middle school) but I didn't wanna sound like I didn't know what I was talking about since it was so long ago that I'd been. But sure enough, the taxi guy turned up a road and there was the condo that my family and I stayed in like 10 years ago! I was so excited I couldn't wait to tell my family! The pic above is the condo.


Anyway, on to the restaurant... It was called El Palomar De Los Gonzalez. It was kinda strange at first cause we were thinking, 'where did our taxi driver drop us off' and 'I hope this is worth it.' The entrance was kinda scary, we had to go up 2 flights of stairs. But! Can I just say I am so happy we went?! We got the BEST seats in the place and the view was soooo pretty! Oh! And the food was so good! I kinda wanted to go back ;) It was so peaceful and so nice to just look at the view while we enjoyed our food and the service was great!
Our seats.





Can you see the rainbow?

Fried scallops for starter.

Bo's fajita.

My chimichanga.


This is how you knew you were at the restaurant. They had a table and chairs on top of this golf cart thingy.


We ended our night back at the resort with our favorite drinks!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my heck! It looks like so much fun! Jealous!

Sarah said...

This looks so fun! I am so happy for you guys that you got go! ps. I love your hair right now :)