Monday, August 22, 2011

Mexico Day Uno!

I am seriously horrible!!
I have not been able to get around to blogging our Mexico trip til now. Don't be surprised if it takes me a week or two to get through the whole trip. We took over 500 pictures so the thought of blogging it kind of overwhelms me ;)
But! We had a fabulous time, didn't want to come back and wish were still there! Here is how our trip started:

We left early Sunday morning to catch our flight to Phoenix then on to Puerto Vallarta!
Finally on our way :)

Bo put a countdown on his phone the day after we planned the trip. It felt like it took years for it to reach the number zero so I had to document it.


Once we got to the airport we had about 100 people yelling at us wanting us to use their taxi or bus services. All we knew was we had a way to our resort because it came with our trip package and we were supposed to find the one person taking us there out of the hundred. Bo just kept walking and I was lagging behind trying to figure out what everyone was saying. Needless to say, it was probably good I lagged because somehow I found the guy who had our information. This pic is of us in the scary van on the way to the resort.

The resort was BEAUTIFUL! Hence the pics!
Our room.
The view from our balcony.

They had a bar in the pool so you could swim right up and get drinks and snacks!



The first thing we did after we got our all settled was of course get some drinks. Bo always got Pina Coladas and I fist got Strawberry Daiquiris til I discovered the Mango Daiquiris ;)

We got lucky while we were there. We got to release baby turtles into the ocean. Our resort got the eggs off the beach and took care of them til they hatched. The reason we got lucky is because baby turtles only hatch every 45 days or so. Not gonna lie, even though this was only the first day of our trip, it was one of the highlights for me! The baby turtles were so cute and they would flap their little legs like they were ready to swim and begin their new life! It was such a fun experience!
This is where they take care of the eggs.

All the baby turtles.

Oh PS, we had to name our turtle. We named him Rosco. Isn't he adorable.



When we released them they all just took off toward the water as fast as they could and the tide would take them away. So fun hu?!

Our package for our trip was all-inclusive so we got to enjoy free drinks all we want and free food. The restaurant at our resort was so good! (Don't judge me for taking pics of pretty much all the food we ate, gotta remember right?!)

Pretty!

At night while we were out, the maids would come in and get our room ready for us to go to bed!


Here is a video of us with little Rosco. I hope it works. Notice his little legs flapping at the end like he is ready to go! Oh and by the way... Don't mind the beginning of the video, I didn't know Bo was filming... embarrassing.

3 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

I want a little turtle too! haha. It looks amazing Kayla! Luh you.

Chelsie Jensen said...

Wow, how fun! Can't wait to see more pics!!

Sarah said...

AH! This is so awesome. I have a newfound obsession with turtles, I think it is bc there are a lot more turtles out here.